See Where you stand
Call us on 03 9804 0035 to make an appointment at either our Melbourne or Mornington Peninsula Office.


My child wants to live with my ex, not me. Will the court consider their view?

Friday 11th of November 2022
By: Gillian Coote, Principal and Founder, Coote Family Lawyers

Right from the first meeting you gave me a great deal of confidence.

In her article for Bounty Parents, Gillian Coote explains how much weight your children's views have under the Family Law Act and once arrangements are in place, what you can do to help foster a healthy family dynamic.

You can read the full article on the Bounty Parents website here "My child wants to live with my ex, not me.  Will the court consider their view?"

If you have any questions or need any advice regarding separation or children's arrangements, call our team of top family lawyers on 03 9804 0035.

Back to News


Thank you for your support over the last few months. I really appreciated it that you understood my situation.

"At Coote Family Lawyers, we’ll get you to the other side."
Call Us
Back To Top